HeLOoo, beautiful people!
I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by Culture shocks and I’m so excited. I literally had a hard time restraining myself from writing this entire post in LARGE LETTERS.
Frankly, if you haven’t, go now and check out the stuffs at Culture shocks they certainly have one of the most beautiful blogs that I’ve had the pleasure to read + follow!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
• Once nominated, if you choose to accept, write a post where you:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog
•Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
• Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog.
• List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post.
• What are some of your goals for 2019? ( Blog/personal/career/spiritual).
Travel. Be kinder to myself and everyone I meet. Post more content on my blog. Spend more time reading my Bible. Earn money doing what I really love –making art! Also, I need to stop procrastinating.
• If you invite me to a party, what can I expect? ( Food/decorations/theme/music/games)
Good food and great conversations, for sure!
• What kind of gift would you bring to a friend’s house-warming party?
I’ve never actually been to one of those. My mom almost always gift fancy pillows made with colorful Ankara fabrics with matching throw blanket. And I’d love to follow in that tradition.
• What has been an inspiring book that you read lately?
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. The book delves into the detrimental power of racism in the society we live in. It certainly made me think a lot about the value of inclusion and representation in our world, today.
• What is your go-to comfort food?
• What is an accessory or outfit you wear that makes you happy?
Oversized button-down shirt with rolled-up sleeves makes me happy. I love that they are effortless and super comfy. And I certainly feel great in them.
• What is a place you visit that brings you joy?
Definitely the local bookstores for second-hand books! I love browsing through the books on display, surrounded by the scent of old books. Plus, they are pretty cheap!
• What fantasy or fictional world would you like to be a part of?
A forest full of Truffula Trees! From the movie adaptation of Dr Seuss’ The Lorax. I’d love to just take a walk along the beautiful rows of Trees, whilst breathing in the fresh air! I particularly love a quote from the movie, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better.” We need more people like Lorax speaking up for trees and it’s sustainability. Trees helps keep our world in balance and we ought to take better care of them!
And now, I nominate:
Questions to nominees:
What inspired you into starting a blog.
What’s your favorite movie quotes.
How often do you post on your blog.
If you could ask your future self one question what would it be.
What was your last blog post about.
If you could live anywhere where would that be.
What’s your favorite thing about keeping a blog.
Share your thoughts! 💕